Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer Challenge--Summer Water Marble

Greetings!

Today I made my first attempt at water marbling.  I have come away with mixed feelings.  While I feel that the product can be absolutely stunning and some of the ladies in the summer challenge made such beautiful marbled nails, there is definitely a learning curve and that curve uses a LOT of polish.  That being said, I'm glad that marbling was part of the summer challenge because otherwise I would not have had the motivation to try it!  That is the point, right? To try new things and have fun doing it!

This picture is a little dark but it hides the messy cuticles so I was okay with it :)


I used a buttery yellow base coat and used pink and orange neons from the China Glaze neon collection.


Perhaps the most challenging part of this mani, for me, was getting the nail polish to drop from the brush onto the water without making a gigantic pattern that wouldn't show up on my nails.  I am wondering if I need to do it faster so I can make a more intricate design with the toothpick.  I am definitely still learning!


Thanks for reading and have a great day!
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment